Welcome to the Abbeyfield House St. Joseph Website!
Abbeyfield is a voluntary effort by people of good will and faith to assist the elderly to achieve a fulfilling way of life.
- That older people everywhere suffer from loneliness and insecurity, and need care, companionship and practical support for their daily lives.
- That older people still have an important role to play in the lives of their families, friends and communities.
- That within each community, individuals can actively help older people to have a secure and happy life by offering them a home of their own within the companionship of a small household.
- Establish local Abbeyfield Societies made up of involved volunteers, in order to set up and manage Abbeyfield Houses where residents pay their share of the costs.
- Every Abbeyfield House has its own live-in Manager, to maintain the house, provide two meals daily and to generally look after the residents.
- The residents have their own apartments, furnished as they wish, where both their privacy and their right to invite visitors are assured.
- Abbeyfield Houses are intended to become focal points of goodwill and friendly contact within the local community.